Managing E-SIGN, E-Statements & E-Disclosures
Are you confident your financial institution's e-statement program is compliant with legal and regulatory guidelines? Many banks and credit unions have unwittingly established unlawful online banking programs that are in violation of the federal E-SIGN Act. If you are caught operating a noncompliant program, every e-statement you've ever sent could be deemed legally invalid. Regulatory fines, defense costs, and legal settlements could far exceed the potential savings e-statements provide.
Financial institutions engaged in electronic banking are legally obligated to adhere to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (E-SIGN) Act. E-SIGN disclosure rules prohibit banks and credit unions from implementing wholesale switchovers, in which all consumers are automatically converted to e-statements. Instead, E-SIGN requires consumers to "opt-in" before receiving e-statements. Paper statements must be available to those who lack the technology (or desire) to view statements electronically.
Your financial institution is obligated (for legal and business reasons) to manage e-statements, e-disclosures, and other e-records effectively and compliantly. Join us for a review of E-SIGN, e-statement, and e-disclosure compliance risks, rules, policies, and best practices.
HIGHLIGHTS: WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- What is E-SIGN, and what does it require of your financial institution?
- Why and how financial institutions typically mismanage E-SIGN compliance.
- E-disclosure requirements: What are you required to tell consumers? What constitutes a lawful, well-written e-disclosure?
- Understanding and complying with E-SIGN consumer consent provisions and processes.
- Why and how consumers must prove technological competence to receive e-statements.
- Potentially costly consequences of noncompliance with E-SIGN.
- What to do if your financial institution is violating E-SIGN.
- Growing your financial institution's e-statement program, compliantly and successfully.
- Expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips to implement immediately.
Nancy Flynn to discuss your training needs, get a quote, and schedule your program.